Saturday, February 6, 2016

Crazy 4 Challenges - National Kite Day

It's time to celebrate National Kite Flying Day with Crazy 4 Challenges!
National Kite Flying Day is coming up on the 8th.  The challenge today is to use a kite or a kite shape on your card.  I don't have a kite die so I was almost going to change the kite into a balloon when I became "Tangled up" with an idea!

 I used Karen Burniston's Beach Edges and a new die called Oval Pull Card (for the sun).  The front is left pretty simple with the dies being the focal point and the fun gingham in the background.
 Here's where I got "Tangled up" in my work!!!  I wanted to make Rocky the Crab all caught up in his kite string.  I used the Adirondack die so I could have Rocky the Crab sitting upside down.  To make the kite, I used a square punch & added the handle from the pail die that's included in the Palm Tree & Pail set.  I think by adding the white handles, it really helps make it look more kite-like.  For a bit of texture, I used the Clouds embossing folder.  I found the perfect sentiment in a Stampin' Up! stamp set called Honeycomb Happiness.
Here's a side view to see Rocky is just slid into one of the slots on the Adirondack & held in place by foam tape.

Happy Stampin', 
Raquel


To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.

To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments: