Saturday, May 30, 2015

C4C288 Vacation with Rocky the Crab

It's challenge time again at Crazy 4 Challenges.  The team was challenged to make a card with their perfect vacation destination in mind.  I immediately thought of using Rocky the Crab on beach in Sunny South Florida.
I used a decorator Accordion Fancy Label for my sentiment, keeping the die in place, I sponged the new Cucumber Crush ink all over the die cut.  I used Beach Edges and Hey There (Paper Pumpkin stamp set) to make it resemble sand.  The fins & mask are from Props 3 & I added Glossy Accents to the mask.
I was inspired by Karen Burniston's floating floor that she created for the May Designer Challenge and wanted to make a floating floor for the Adirondack Chair.  I started with a piece of Crumb Cake at 4.25 x 5.5, scored at .5" & 1" on both ends.  When die cutting, the die will go on the 1" score line.  The white piece on the top was embossed with Clouds Embossing Folder after being die cut.  Tip: cut all layers together so you're assured an exact fit.  You can see in the photo below it's just like making a box around the Adirondack.
After adhering the floating floor to the card I added some waves die cut with Beach Edges.  I wanted a tiny bit of sparkle so I used a 2-way Glue Pen on the wave tips and covered with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
After adhering the waves, I added a spinner from Rectangle Pull Card to animate the pail from Palm Tree & Pail.

Happy Stampin',
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.

To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

    
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


3 comments:

  1. Ahaha - I love your card and the stamp on the front is perfect. I say all the time, I'm my own little tropical island these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun card! I see we both created floating floors for our cards this week. GMTA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just fabulous.......same kind of place I would like to vacation......fun sentiment as well

    ReplyDelete