Monday, November 10, 2014

Karen Burniston's November Designer Challenge "Red, white or Blue"

It's that time of the month again for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge!  This month the Design Team was challenged to use red, white or blue as the primary color of our card with accent colors of gold, silver, black or kraft.  Since I just got the beautiful Sprig embossing folder from Elizabeth Craft Designs, my card idea came right to me.

I used Gold Foil under the Sprig embossed layer.  I created a circle ring using Accordion Circle & Spiral Circle Pull then covered  the wreath with the pine boughs from the Candle die and added a bow from Ornament Set 3 & Glitter Dots.  The sentiment from Wishing You (retired) was stamped using Encore Gold then embossed with clear embossing powder and die cut onto a Lucy Label.

I used Agatha Edges to cut a shape into the top & bottom of my card and to add Gold Foil flourish.  I adhered several snowflakes from Spiral Circle Pull Card behind the Holiday House.  I made the Holiday House larger by using several of the accessory dies from the House Pivot .....wouldn't we all like a larger house during the holidays?


Check back tomorrow for my second card that promises to make you "Blue".


To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups or Elizabeth Craft Designs' products, please visit your local independent retailer or online.
Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies
Stamps: Wishing You (Stampin' Up! -retired)
Dies: Lucy Label, Holiday House, House Pivot, Spiral Circle Pull Card, Accordion Circle, Agatha Edges (Karen Burniston designed for Elizabeth Craft Designs); Candle, Ornament Set 3 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Gold Foil (Stampin' Up!)
Other: Sprig Embossing Folder, 7018 Glitter Gold/Silver Glitter Dots (Elizabeth Craft Designs); Clear Embossing Powder (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments: