Friday, August 8, 2014

Karen's Katie Label


This is a birthday card I made for the one and only most awesome Pop It Ups designer, Karen Burniston herself.  I used Katie Accordion, Butterfly Pivot Card, Butterfly Accessories and Oval Accordion.  The sentiment was computer generated.

I used Elizabeth Craft Designs' Happy Birthday die to make the "Birthday Hi".  The cute little flowers are from Spiral Circle Pull Card and I have added glitter dots to all of them.

I cut the spiral from acetate and attached it to the last two panels.  I glued little butterflies and flowers to the spiral pull so they all move when the card is opened.  I got that idea when Karen did a video on combining a pivot and an accordion -Pivot Accordion Card.  I wanted to combine Katie Accordion with the Butterfly Pivot, the Butterfly Pivot was too large and just didn't look right.  I had this beautiful paper & I wanted butterflies on the card - I was determined to get butterflies on there somewhere so I decided to try to merge Katie Accordion with Spiral Circle Pull Card.

Here you can see the spiral and all those beautiful butterflies fluttering around.

So much fun!  I hope you enjoyed this very special for an extraordinary lady.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs or Elizabeth Craft Designs' products, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

Supplies
Dies: Katie Accordion, Butterfly Pivot, Butterfly Accessories, Spiral Circle Pull Card, Oval Accordion (Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs); Happy Birthday (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Paper: from my stash
Other: Glitter Dots (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

2 comments:

  1. Wow - just LOOK at all that Butterfly goodness. LOVE that you added the acetate spiral, Raquel. Wonderful card!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Raquel! I love the colors you chose too!

    ReplyDelete