Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hoppy the Frog


I love the little details in Hoppy the Frog!  You can emboss him to get the spots on his legs, nostrils & chin.  When I say that Karen Burniston did an excellent job designing him, well that's an understatement!  There's not a lot of fiddly little parts to glue together on this frog - lovin' that.  In Hoppy the Frog set you get the frog, fly, lily & eyes.....so much fun.

To decorate Hoppy's mouth, I cut the frog again in red so I would have the mouth area to simply glue into the open green mouth area.  While I was doing that I thought it would be fun to give him a curly tongue to catch those flies with.  I covered the flies & the sentiment with Crystal Effects.
 

To make the sentiment, I used Happy Birthday & Good Luck dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I cut the "A" out of "Happy" & replaced it with the "O" from "Good".  To make the lilly, I cut 3 lilies from green, white & yellow.  Next, I staggered the green & white on top of each other, then I trimmed the yellow lilly to fit on the top.  I cut the dragonfly from black cardstock & Fire Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.  I made a wobbler by coiling up some thin wire & glued it to the back of the dragonfly so he will move when you touch his body - super fun!




I used the embossing feature in the Accordion Katie Label & kept the die on after embossing & used a Signo White Gel Pen to accentuate the stitching.  The little flourishes in the corners comes with the Accordion Katie Label along with several layering dies for Katie.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Karen Burniston's dies for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft retailer or visit them online.



All Supplies Stampin' Up! unless noted

Paper: Gumball Green, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Real Red cardstock
Dies: Hoppy the Frog, Accordion Katie Label (Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs)
         Good Luck #786, Happy Birthday #783, Dragonfly Overlay #708, Dragonfly Silhouette #707,
         Heart with Wings #794 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Other: Crystal Effects, Signo White Gel Pen
          Fire Opal Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz SS0218, Gold Glitter Dots #7018 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

2 comments:

  1. Raquel ... this is is SO cute. Love the creative way you made the tongue.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute..... Love that he is eating flies :) and that tongue!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete