Friday, March 28, 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs' Desiner Challenge - Flowers


I cut my base card at 5.5 x 8.5 from Regal Rose, added a layer of Basic Black & then Whisper White covered with Double Sided Adhesive....and that's where the magic happens.  Take a piece of Whisper White & a piece of Double Sided Adhesive cut to the same size, remove the backing on the DSA & stick it to the Whisper White.  Die cut 4 of each size from the Rose #799 die from Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets.  Remove the release sheet & now you have a sticky surface to stick the Rose die cuts to.  Now you can cover the entire Whisper White with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, shake off excess & polish the glitter in with your finger.
After you've polished it, the glitter really sparkles & you're ready to color.  To color, I used Stampin' Write Markers in Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Peach Parfait, Pink Pirouette & Melon Mambo.  This is the first time I have tried using Stampin' Write Markers & I think they worked great but took a little longer to dry than alcohol based markers.

It was hard to capture all the glittery goodness of this card - BUT believe me that it IS very glittery!  After I finished coloring the roses, I added a strip of Melon Mambo Scallop Dots Ribbon to the bottom.  The sentiment is from the stamp set called Too Kind & it's stamped on a scallop oval from Karen Burniston's Oval Accordion Card die.  To get the yellow in the center & keep the edges white, simply put the die back over your die cut & sponge with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink.

Here's a close up of all the beautiful Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.  I love this glitter, it is so soft like powdered sugar & it's texture is very smooth once you've applied it to your card stock.  I colored around the roses with my markers & let it fade out into the white.

Here's the inside of my card.  I added a layer of Basic Black, Whisper White & Melon Mambo Scallop Dots Ribbon.  I die cut the Rose stem from Old Olive & the bud from Regal Rose and Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets.  I seriously thought about glittering this rose too, but I liked the crisp clean look of just the Black Velvet outline over the Rose.

To purchase any Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase any Elizabeth Craft Designs products, please visit your independant local retailer or online.



Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted
Stamps: Too Kind
Paper: Regal Rose, Basic Black, Old Olive, Whisper White
Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets & Double Sided Adhesive Sheets(Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Ink:  Basic Black Classic Ink
Stampin' Write Markers: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Peach Parfait, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo
Dies: Rose #799 & Oval Accordion Card #772 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Accessories: Melon Mambo Scallop Dots Ribbon
Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter #641, 5 x 12 Double Sided Adhesive (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

4 comments:

  1. Raquel! Now that I'm over the shock of this NOT being a Pop it UPs card ... I LOVE it. So glittery and beautiful with that black velvet. BEAUTIFUL!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and elegant card Raguel! And I love how you used the rose outlines for this technique. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Raquel ... oh and ditto what Karen A said ;)

    ReplyDelete