Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pop It Ups Unfrogettable


I am entering this Pop It Ups Lots of Pops into the Spectrum Noir Challenge all about animals/critters.  Here's their link if you want to play along too http://www.spectrumnoir.com/challenge/

I stamped my image from the stamp set Unfrogettable (retired) onto Very Vanilla & colored in with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I followed their tutorial on how to create those clouds, not too bad for my first try but I will keep practicing.  I colored the ground & added some grass too.  I die cut the main image using Accordian Fancy Label die, the banner comes in the Lots of Pops set.  Since I used the largest Accordian Fancy Label die in the set, to get the Pacific Point mat around the image I die cut 2 of them in Pacific Point & cut them (one horizontally & the other vertically) then glued them behind the Very Vanilla.  I added some Wink of Stella to the dragonfly wings, Cyrstal Effects to the heart & Enamel Accents to the eyes of the frog & dragonfly.  To get the black dots of the eyes, I squirted some black onto scrap paper & used my paper piercing tool to drop little drops of black into the center of the white.  Tie some Pacific Point ribbon to the bottom & let's move on to the inside....

I used Agatha Edges to cut the beautiful edges on the top & bottom of the card, also included is that pretty scroll that fits both of the edge dies in that set.  I sponged Marina Mist onto the top portion & spritzed with water.  The clouds & grass is from Garden Bench Pop Up.  I ran the clouds (also could be snow mounds) through my polka dot EF & sponged them just a bit.  I die cut another Lots of Pops in Garden Green just to cover the pop up area, then glued the grass to each pop out & then all my images.
Here's a close up...

I hope you like it as much as I do, those frogs make me laugh.  Thanks for stopping by & all comments are appreciated.  
Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies
Stamps: Unfrogettable
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla, Pacific Point, Garden Green, printed paper from my stash
Ink: Black Tuxedo Memento, Marina Mist
Spectrum Noir: DG2, DG4, DR1, BT 1, CT4, OR1, GB8, GB10, EB2, TN2, CR11, CG2, TB1, TB2, IG2, Blender pen
Dies: Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups from Elizabeth Crafts - #778 Lots of Pops, #782 Agatha Edges, #771 Accordian Fancy Label, #780 Garden Bench Pop Up
Misc: Enanel Accents, Glossy Accents, Perfect Polka Dots EF




7 comments:

  1. This is SO fun ... it just makes me smile. Love all the detail shots you added, and I just noticed the grass from the Garden Bench. Brilliant!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card so much! One of my favorite Raquel Makes ever. And reading all your clever techniques, like the matting of the Fancy Label and the way you did the frog's eyes - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so cute. This was one of my favorite stamp sets, but I sold it. Now I wish I had it back. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I loved your card!!! So much fun.....Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun fun fun, I adore this cute scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card it is so fun!!!! I love frogs too!! I know you said the stamp is retired but can please tell me who made it?? I may have to go E-Bay!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfrogettable is a Stampin Up stamp set and it's such a fun set too.

      Delete