Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pop N Cuts Giggle Greetings

I made this Pop N Cut card for my BFF Heidi who is a dog lover (Graycie is a beautiful blue weimaraner).  I used Giggle Greetings, don't you just laugh when you see that dog?  The sentiment is non SU, I saw that stamp at a convention & loved how fun it was.  I used Karen Burniston's Pop N Cuts A2 base & Label Trellis cut in two different colors & then glued the Chocolate Chip pieces back into the center.  I cut the main image using Window Collection Framelits & used the paper piercing template on the back side so the piercings would turn white on the Core'dinations Chocolate Chip card stock (I even sanded it a bit).  I colored the image using Stamping Write Markers.


For the inside I used the House insert & made it into a dog house complete with lots of bones, bowl & a door for Graycie to get into her lovely home.  I used the Chocolate Chip Core'dinations again for the house, embossed it with the silicone & Textured Impressions pad then sanded it so those areas would expose the white core of the paper.  The bones & waterbowl are from an original Sizzix dog die I've had for dog years.....get it...too funny.  I used Karen's floating floor template that she has on her blog, you need to visit her blog as she's got SO many great templates.  The inside sentiment is from Lacey & Lovely cut with Karen's Gift Card Holder die.
Here's a close up with the door open.  I used a craft knife to cut the opening for the door & glued the image behind & die cut another house to cover the back to make it look more finished.  I've had such fun making this card and I hope Heidi & Graycie enjoy it too.
Happy Stamping & New Year,
Raquel

2 comments:

  1. The house works so well as a kennel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Sorry I've been so absent getting ready for the show.

    ReplyDelete